Before You Break Ground: Risk, Reward and What You Need to Know About A&E, Legal and Insurance
Barnes & Thornburg and the Associated Builders and Contractors, Inc. hosted “Before You Break Ground: Risk, Reward and What You Need to Know About A&E, Legal and Insurance” on March 7.
- Understanding the risks covered and not covered in a commercial general liability policy, such as professional liability, liability assumed in a contract, and additional insured endorsements
- Controlled insurance programs
- The surety bond and the role it plays in getting a job started and getting a job finished, from the perspective of the job owner, the general contractor/construction manager, and the subcontractor/supplier
- Builder’s risk, soft cost, and expense to reduce the amount of loss distinctions
- Practical tips for submitting claims and maximizing recovery
If you would like access to the materials, please contact Charlie Edwards, Co-Chair of Barnes & Thornburg’s Insurance Recovery and Counseling Practice Group, at Charles.Edwards@btlaw.com.